Last Updated on: 29th March 2023, 09:03 pm
If you are an Amazon seller, you may have encountered the error code 5461 on Amazon Seller Central. This error code can be frustrating to deal with, especially if it is preventing you from managing your listings or accessing important seller information. We will discuss what the error code 5461 means, what causes it, and how you can fix it.
What is Amazon error code 5461?
Amazon error code 5461 is a common error that occurs on Amazon Seller Central. This error message usually appears when you try to edit or update an existing product listing.
The error message reads, “The SKU data provided contains an error. Please correct or remove the invalid data and try again. Error code 5461.”
See also: Fix Amazon error 8058
What causes Amazon error code 5461?
There are several possible causes of Amazon error code 5461. Some of the most common causes include:
- Missing or incorrect SKU data: The error code can occur if you are trying to update or edit a product listing, and the SKU data is missing or incorrect. This can include missing or incorrect product titles, descriptions, images, or other product information.
- Invalid characters in SKU data: The error can also occur if there are invalid characters in the SKU data. This can include special characters, punctuation, or other characters that are not allowed in Amazon product listings.
- Listing limits: Amazon has certain listing limits for new sellers or those who haven’t sold in a while. If you exceed these limits, you might encounter this error code.
How to fix Amazon error code 5461?
Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to fix Amazon error code 5461. Here are some potential solutions:
- Check your SKU data: The first step is to check your SKU data to ensure that it is accurate and complete. Make sure that all of the required fields are filled in, and that there are no typos or errors in the data. Additionally, make sure that the SKU data does not include any invalid characters.
- Check your listing limits: If you are a new seller or haven’t sold in a while, check your listing limits. Amazon sets certain limits on the number of listings you can create, and if you exceed these limits, you may encounter the error code 5461. To check your listing limits, go to the Inventory tab in Seller Central, and click on “Add a Product”. If you have exceeded your listing limits, you will see a message indicating that you need to request an increase in your limits.
- Contact Amazon Seller Support: If you have tried the above steps and are still encountering the error code 5461, you may need to contact Amazon Seller Support for assistance. They will be able to provide you with more specific guidance on how to resolve the issue.
In conclusion, Amazon error code 5461 can be a frustrating issue to deal with for Amazon sellers. However, by following the steps outlined above, you can resolve the issue and get back to managing your listings and selling on Amazon.
Always ensure that your SKU data is accurate and complete and that you are staying within your listing limits to avoid encountering this error code in the future.