Last Updated on: 3rd October 2023, 08:20 pm
As a student, balancing between different assignments and preparing for tests can become quite challenging. If you’re stuck after trying all the possible solutions, you might need help from a tutor.
Chegg serves this purpose; an online platform offering various educational resources like online tutoring and textbook solutions.
But, what if you want to delete a question you posted on Chegg? Here’s a comprehensive guide explaining how to delete your question and more about Chegg’s operations.
What is Chegg?
Chegg is an American educational platform providing online tutoring, and textbook solutions for students. You can register as a student or a tutor. As a student, you can post any questions after subscribing – which is not free. Subsequently, these questions will be answered by registered tutors or subject experts on Chegg.
Deleting Questions on Chegg
Chegg permits you to delete a question that has not been answered. If your question has been answered, it won’t be deleted as it might be useful to another user. The steps for requesting question deletion are:
- Open Chegg your web browser.
- Fill out the form provided, stating a valid reason for deletion, often related to a violation of their terms of service.
- After submission, Chegg reviews your request.
- If Chegg verifies that your question breaches their terms of service, it may get deleted.
It’s essential to note that as a tutor, you can delete your posted answers, especially if feedback indicates it’s incorrect or needs revision.
Chegg coheres with any official investigation by an academic institution, even if that implies making public the identity of a user who has violated the honor code.
Alternatives to Chegg
Other websites function similarly to Chegg, and some even offer free services. They include:
- Khan Academy: This not-for-profit provides free learning resources globally.
- Skooli: Like Chegg, they offer online tutoring and homework help, with services like one-on-one tutoring sessions, group video conferences, whiteboard sessions, and chat options.
- Quizlet: Clear answers to questions can be found on Quizlet. Despite most being free, some require a subscription.
- Course Hero: Just like Chegg, Course Hero provides everything, including textbook rentals, subject lessons, and educational resources. They have a large library of materials uploaded by members.
Chegg can enhance your subject matter understanding and help answer queries if used responsibly. However, using it as a shortcut to complete assignments or examinations violates the rules. It’s advisable to use Chegg effectively to ensure your academic progress.
While Chegg does not allow a direct option to delete a question, it provides mechanisms to request question removal. Proper and responsible use of Chegg can be a game-changer, aiding students in navigating their academic journey.”